Monday, November 17, 2008

Persona: A Rural life










A Rural Life

Much of my vision of the future, for both myself and greater society, is centered around a more rural and agrarian lifestyle. I embrace this future and look forward to its challenges and rewards very much. While I foresee a difficult process of transition and much hard toil, I also anticipate a beneficial return to the land. Through our modern consumerist culture we have become disconnected with the land and each other. As we are forced to live more locally and simply we have the opportunity rebuild and relearn what it is to be a part of a community and the land.

Shooting this project with my dad became a very personal process and in the end, the images are mostly for ourselves. Unavoidably, they explore our father-son relationship and our relationship as peers, while exhibiting the hope, hard work, and strength in family and community that I believe a return to the land can bring.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home